Inside Sales Specialist-Service 13-312
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and service of precision instruments for use in industrial, laboratory and food retailing applications. We have one of the largest Global Service and Sales organizations among precision instrument companies. We are seeking an Inside Sales Specialist – Service in Columbus, OH.|
This position is primarily responsible for inside sales to direct customers and for providing high-level sales support to both the field sales organization and end-users for an assigned sales territory within the North American Industrial Business Area. Inside Sales responsibilities include the selling of services as well as specific commercial and applied Industrial products to end-users from the quotation phase to closing the sale with minimal Field Sales Representatives involvement.
Knowledge and Business Management Functions:
• Overall general and application knowledge of all Industrial product lines and service offerings. Examples include knowledge of where products are built or sourced within the MT worldwide organization; fundamental knowledge of product performance and typical applications; knowledge of manufacturing or assembly differences within product lines (i.e. concrete verses steel deck truck scales, stainless verses mild steel floor scales, flexmount verses centerlign weigh modules, etc.); familiarity with third-party suppliers to Mettler Toledo; and familiarity with the construction process as it relates to the installation and application of certain Mettler Toledo products.
• In-depth knowledge of internal systems applications relating to Industrial sales and marketing.
• Responsible for actively driving revenue by engaging in planned and agreed-to direct sales and service activities, including identifying, quoting, and closing transactional business opportunities.
• Responsible for managing the support activities for an assigned group of Field Sales Representatives and end-users by providing the appropriate level of support for product/service inquiries, order review, order status, credit/invoicing issues, equipment returns and problem resolution.
• Maintain compliance with ISO standards and MT Operating Policies and procedures specifically related to Sarbanes Oxley controls and compliance with the company’s order validity policy, authority limits, and standard terms and conditions of sale.
Sales and Support Functions:
• Provide complete solutions for commercial and applied product and service inquiries; includes recommending the appropriate product and services to meet the customer’s specifications, preparing formal quotations and closing the transactional sale.
• Responsible for assisting the Industrial Field Sales Organization with the sales process through activities that include, but are not limited to, general correspondence with customers, quoting assistance, completion of sales contracts, order coordination for large/complex orders and installation coordination.
• Responsible for the qualification and nurturing of sales leads, which includes contacting potential and existing customers to define and clarify the specific details of the sales opportunity and capturing and maintaining the customer data and requirements in the data base.
• Provide centralized phone support for direct customers and field sales representatives.
• Work in coordination with field sales representatives, customer order service, and other departments to resolve problems and customer issues.
• Provide project management support for large/complicated orders.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE |
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or an Associate’s degree with two to three years of any combination of customer service, sales or marketing related experience; or five or more years of any combination of customer service, sales or marketing experience. Prior experience working within a customer service or inside sales operation is desired. MT Industrial product knowledge is a plus.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Candidates must possess the ability to utilize and work within a computerized business data system. Additional requirements include the ability to multitask in an open work space environment and to maintain a high energy level with strong customer focus. SAP knowledge/experience preferred.
METTLER TOLEDO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Employees are eligible for coverage under our broad-based insurance programs, including basic medical, dental, and major medical. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
To find out more about METTLER TOLEDO and our products please view our YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/user/mettlertoledo?v=e6MGN3yj0t8.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.