Telesales Specialist 13-298, 13-299
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and service of precision instruments for use in industrial, laboratory and food retailing applications. We have one of the largest Global Service and Sales organizations among precision instrument companies. We are seeking a Telesales Specialist in Columbus, OH.|
This position is primarily responsible for: Generating and closing new sales leads through a variety of sources, primarily but not limited to outbound telesales campaigns; offering straightforward technical advice and solutions to inquiring customers; assisting external sales staff by managing the sales needs of small to medium accounts, including marketing and selling low-end non-exclusive products to these customers; qualifying prospect account and end-user information for external sales follow-up; conducting all telesales and telemarketing campaigns, telemarketing follow-up activities, and accurately recording all related data; and marketing service contracts, extended warranties, and professional products.
Knowledge and Business Management Functions:
• Overall general and technical knowledge and application of the Laboratory business area’s product lines and service offerings.
• In-depth knowledge of all internal applications related to lab sales and marketing, including but not limited to SalesLogix, BaaN, and SAP.
• Executing outbound telesales campaigns, telemarketing campaigns, employing professional selling skills in their pursuit, and accurately managing and recording data generated from these efforts.
• Entry of sales leads for external sales pursuit; and pursuit of select open leads for closure.
• Qualify Sales leads by assessing need, budget, and buying authority. Obtain basic qualifying information including (but not limited to) time frame for purchase, decision maker(s), budget, influencing factors, and next step in the sales process.
• Effective nurturing of leads; building relationships by conducting ongoing, informative dialog that helps qualified prospects who are not yet sales-ready. Move each lead to the next step in the sales cycle at the appropriate time and ensure a clean hand-off to sales when lead approaches a buying decision.
Analytical and Support Functions:
• Assist manager and senior management in providing weekly updates about recurring business issues that require a proactive approach, or trends that suggest alternate sales offers or approaches, through participation in a weekly team meeting.
• Assure database integrity by validating and correcting the data housed within our CRM, sales, and service databases at every practical opportunity.
• Accurately and quickly promote/quote products, services, and solutions to small and medium accounts, and to large accounts at external sales’ request.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE |
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or an Associate’s degree with two to three years of any combination of customer service, sales, or marketing related experience; or five or more years of any combination of customer service, sales, or marketing experience. Inbound or outbound call center experience, and teleselling skills training, are pluses. SAP knowledge/experience preferred.
METTLER TOLEDO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Employees are eligible for coverage under our broad-based insurance programs, including basic medical, dental, and major medical. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
To find out more about METTLER TOLEDO and our products please view our YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/user/mettlertoledo?v=e6MGN3yj0t8.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.